Cafeteria Craziness!!
Today, our cafeteria options were a bit...more unusual than normal. They always are strange, what with offerings that are sort of like what I'm used to, but not quite...like rhubarb pie, but made with giant chunks of rhubarb sticking out like a crystal rock formation. Or the 'rice', which is really split-wheat-like, less the flavor. Or soup, but made out of watermelons...ok, that one's not really what I'm used to at all...
But today was the craziest food day I've seen so far! Everyone was buzzing about the main offering: mussels and french fries! I am NOT kidding. And, yes, it is a combo plate (I had to ask): french fries (quite normal actually), with a steaming hot pile of boiled mussels, right in their yickity shells. It was tempting, but I ultimately decided to see what else awaited me. My other choices were rabbit in a curry sauce, or ostrich in a pineapple chutney. I do love pineapple...and how bad could ostrich be? They are hardly friendly at all, while eating a rabbit might make me too sad. So ostrich it was.
It all turned out not so bad...the ostrich was pretty tasty, although a bit chewy. The french fries made it all better. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be back to the regular veal, chicken or goulash offerings...
2 comments:
Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment