Our First Castle
Today we drove about an hour into France (our first voluntary visit into France!) to a little town, Annency, which has, among other really old things, a 1,000 year-old castle that is still inhabited by the family that has owned it for at least a few hundred years. On weekends they host tours, haunted-house-style (but not scary) where you walk through different rooms and watch re-enactments of life back 'in the day'.
It was pretty neat - I think would have been more fascinating had it not all been in French. However, my nodding and faking comprehension skills are really improving!
Here's a picture of Jay carrying my purse for the day! It allowed me to take some great pictures, plus prove (to his surprise) that purses really are heavy.
I think you can link to the rest of the photos I've posted on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenthefun1/sets/72157600469621758/. You can also learn (a tiny bit more) about the castle here: http://www.chateau-de-menthon.com/welcomeen.htm.
No comments:
Post a Comment