Friday, June 15, 2007

Wine of Cheese?

Today wasn't too exciting - Fridays are the day most people apparently leave town to go to other exotic places. Of course, most people I work with are from nearby countries, so many are just heading home to visit friends and family. Which is still pretty neat - I can't imagine hearing "I'm flying to Germany today" will get old.

I was pleased to reclaim my spoiled princess status because it was raining this morning, so I bartered a ride to work from Jay in order to not get wet. Of course, oversleeping my alarm by 15 minutes (maybe on purpose) didn't hurt. The thing about trains are schedules...and I'm not so good with exact schedules. I'm more of a 'kind of on time' person. So this could be interesting.

I've scheduled to begin my French lessons in two weeks....so two more weeks of enjoying being the ignorant, mute American. I actually find I can navigate around 90% of what I need in life by just acting like I know what everyone is saying. But, learning French would be good - even though I'm still also going to try and pick up Italian from S. (today's lessons: 'uvo' is grape, and both Italians and Americans don't say 'bollocks' too often - a surprise to both of us), and then the functional German for understanding everyone else.

Tonight, we sampled the differences between Swiss and French wine...more than you might think! I'm really not kidding, the Swiss wine smelled sort of like cheese. Bon appetit!

No comments: